Sunday, January 26, 2014

Micro Preemie and Preemie Crochet Projects

 
I wanted to share a little project that I have been working on.
This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while now
and I have finally been in contact with one of the local hospitals
about donating items as they need them.
 
First up is some of the baby hats that I will donate to
the NICU for the tiny little babies to have something
special while they are there....
 
 
 
These little hats are fun, colorful and assorted sizes to fit any size that
might be in the NICU. I am just hoping that they will help.
 
Another aspect of this is the little Angels who don't make it...
either they are born to early or there health is just too bad...
So because they are so tiny and delicate there just usually are not
outfits that will fit these little Angels...so I thought I would try my hand at a few
patterns that I found online that are perfect for this...
 
The first one is a cute little dress style onesie.
It opens up nice and flat and the little diaper is part of the outfit and
has tie strings inside of the dress to keep it in place.
Then it has a tiny hat and matching Maryjane's with a built in sock.
 
 
I made a matching 15 x 15 square blanket to match it...

 
Next is a small little cacoon with a matching hat.
These are great if they are too tiny to fit in an outfit.
This outfit and the cacoon below would fit a baby that
is around a 20 to 22 week baby.

 
Last is another onesie type outfit that opens up flat again.
It has a matching cap.
This size would fit a baby that is born too early
like 16 to 18 weeks.
 

 
I think they are perfect outfits for all of the little Angels who
don't make it. They will look so precious in these outfits,
even though it is not the outcome we all hope for.
 
I just want to give something special to those moms
and maybe ease the pain a little...
 
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Jennifer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment