Monday, January 9, 2012

Valentine Bookmarks

So today I have to show you the sweet valentine bookmarks I made
yesterday for Jake to take to school for his class.
I thought they are at least practical and the kids always are
in need of a bookmark.
So I made 30 of them so there will be a few extras.


The valentine paper is from K & Co. from last year. The valentine sentiment is
from Papertrey Ink, the shape punched for the sentiment id from Stampin' Up!,
The postage shape that the little puppy is mounted on is form the Cricut cartridge
by Close To My Heart - Art Philosophy.


I tried a new technique that was over on Papertrey Ink's blog this past week.
Where you stamp or in my case print the image on colored cardstock and
then you color it in with copic markers using shades that will
compliment the cardstock. I thought these turned out pretty well and
after coloring in 30 of them I had a great time with this technique.

And the oh so cute puppy who's name is "Silver" is from a new
company that I stumbled upon yesterday called http://www.tiddlyinks.com/
and they have a great selection of all sorts of digital stamps.
Which I love digital stamps because you can do so much with them
and it usually is a small investment. Like this little guy was $3.00,
but I feel like I already got my moneys worth with him with
these valentines and I printed out some other ones to make my kids
 Valentine cards with and colored him to look like our puppy Champ!
I'll be showing you those later this week.

Well I hope you have enjoyed my little share today and I will be
bask soon with more to share.

jennifer


1 comment: